The Village Hall Trust is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst the community. It is in our best interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination in our village.
Our aim is to ensure that all are given an equal opportunity to enjoy the facilities that the Trust provides and to that end the management committee aims to be representative of all. Members of the committee and volunteers will be respected and valued equally for the contribution they are able and willing to make. Our meetings are open to all.
This policy reinforces our commitment to applying the principle of equality and fairness and to not provide less favourable facilities or treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender, marriage, pregnancy, ethnicity, religion or belief. We are opposed to all forms of discrimination.
• To create an environment in which the contributions of all team members are valued.
• To not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying, or harassment
• To promote equality as good practice
• To encourage anyone to raise any concerns so we can improve
• To expect everyone to be treated with dignity and respect.
We will inform all volunteers and hirers that we have an equality and diversity policy, and that they are required to comply with its requirements.
Our policy will be monitored and reviewed annually to ensure that equality and diversity is promoted in the workplace.